Mining industry enterprises are high risk facilities. The risk is associated with the fact that works and production processes are performed underground. Due to the high accident and injury rate, strict requirements for underground utility systems have been established and some of them are subject to the state fire safety regulations.
The efficiency of performance of mining enterprises and their operational safety levels largely depend on the capabilities and condition of the underground communication systems.
Mine communication equipment provides the following:
- monitoring and control of technological and production processes;
- personnel monitoring;
- alerting in case of emergencies;
- searching for people affected by the emergency during rescue operations and emergency response.
The safety of underground works is directly dependent on the quality of the special-purpose equipment. It should transmit signals with the lowest possible level of noise and operate from the mains or built-in batteries.
“Communications” company develops solutions for providing communication and video surveillance systems for mining enterprises on an individual basis for each customer and implements them on the basis of selected professional grade equipment.
The functionality of possible radio communication and surveillance systems allows:
- optimizing the mining process control by means of mobile radio and radiotelephone communication;
- increasing the labor productivity due to prompt coordination of miners’ actions;
- improving the occupational safety for miners;
- increasing the efficiency of mining equipment operation by means of downtime reduction;
- efficiently controlling vehicle movements due to the use of vehicular radio communication between the mine dispatcher and the electric or diesel locomotive operator or mobile machine drivers as well as providing in-process monitoring of positions of vehicles in mines in real time;
- operating underground electrical equipment;
- organizing remote monitoring of personnel’s movements in underground mines;
- automating the time-keeping of the enterprise personnel.