Reliable cordless communication systems are a vital component for control of production processes and provision of safety at industrial facilities.
Introduction of professional mobile radio communication at industrial facilities and transport nodes improves operational safety and optimize the working process reducing the labor time by 30-50%.
The enterprise performance is improved due to:
- Ease of use;
- A wide range of applications in warehouse logistics and manufacturing;
- Interaction with automated work performance control, with control and safety systems;
Our company sells radio communication systems within the framework of providing up-to-date communication equipment to industrial facilities and transport nodes. The main works include the following:
- creating a design of a comprehensive system having the features required for the enterprise;
- supplying employees with DECT/TETRA cordless telephones having weather-proof and/or explosion-proof design;
Being an integrating company, we work with different equipment including that having unique characteristics. “Communications” company also manufactures radio terminals. “Viking” radio communication line is manufactured in Russia under an OEM-agreement with “Funktel”, Germany.
The company’s product range is diverse and includes radio telephones, base stations and additional accessories for DECT and TETRA standards. Implemented radio stations are manufactured in weather-proof and explosion-proof design with a wide range of safety control features and with account for the intense telephone load and capabilities of rapid response.
A number of unique features constitute an important advantage of radio stations:
- an exchangeable memory card – MemCard (SIM-Card), which allows saving and transferring settings from one telephone to another, for example, if the unit is broken.
- personal safety system.
- Personal Safety System
This system has been created to provide automatic monitoring of subscribers’ operations. The server allows determining a subscriber’s location with the accuracy of 5 meters, either outside or inside buildings, premises or even in mines. In the event of a person’s falling or fainting, or in case of an emergency, an alarm call is initiated automatically from radio stations to the central server which allows rendering timely assistance and preventing an accident.
Safety Server Technical Specifications:
- Monitoring and transmitting alarm signals from the network subscribers;
- Keeping an alarm message log registering the time and date as well as the time of response and the subscriber blocking;
- Protective features including real-time recording of a subscriber’s (guard’s) movements.
- Visual monitoring of alarm signals on the floor plan;
- Automatic and manual display of the required floor to the screen (multi-screen display is available) for alarm signal tracking;
- A possibility of switching the position control system by basic stations for position finding by means of IOS sensors (within their coverage area);
- Subscriber’s movement log (the last 3 positions before the alarm);
- Displaying the floor plan indicating the position before the alarm and further movements.
Protection of Communication and Alerting Systems from Unauthorized Access
Operational communication and alerting systems are one of the key safety components of any industrial or transport department because their functionality comprises transmitting information on dangerous or emergency situations at the facility to all personnel in its territory and allows preventing incidents. It is crucial that communication systems are effectively protected.
Cyber attacks on communication systems not only can result in suspension of production but can also create a serious danger for the enterprise personnel, passengers at airports, railway stations, sea ports and surrounding areas.
SWMS module has been designed by “Communications’ specialists for protection of software of operational communication and alerting systems at oil and gas enterprises. The principle of its operation is similar to that of an antivirus and is innovative for today’s communication systems. It involves creation of an additional protective barrier when connecting to the software of the system installed at the enterprise and limiting personnel’s access.
SWMS provides the following protection methods:
- Specialized interface for connection to the central processor board;
- Users’ identification and authentication;
- Differentiation and control of access to the operational communication and alerting system.
Introduction of the SWMS module allows:
- Preventing intruders’ access to the operational communication and alerting system software
- Avoiding incorrect setting of the operational communication and alerting system by unqualified workers
- Preventing false alarms due to sabotaging by dishonest employees.
The SWMS module is a multi-purpose product which can be adapted to fit into existing operational communication and alerting systems of different manufacturers at oil and gas enterprises.
Number of ports: 2
Impulse noise protection, kW: 15
Data transmission rate:
50 bit/s ~ 921.6 kbit/s
The module can operate at relative humidity 5 – 95%.
The module storage temperature range is – 40 to +75°C.
Operating temperature: 0 to + 60°C.