“Dukat” is one of the world’s largest silver deposits, it is situated in the northeast of the Russian Federation, in the Omsukchan district of the Magadan Region, in 650 km from Magadan and in 40 km from the settlement of Omsukchan. The on-balance reserves of the deposit amount to 14,810 tons of silver and 30 tons of gold, the silver content of the ore comes up to 1,100 g/t. The field is being developed by a subsidiary enterprise of Polimetall, Serebro Magadana OJSC. Almost 100% of the silver goes for export.
Construction of an underground radio communication (URCS) and video surveillance system in the “Dukat” mine for the following purposes:
· organization of operative communication between the mine dispatcher and the radio users in the mine galleries;
· organization of the radio users’ operative communication with one another;
· organization of the radio users’ access to the surface industrial telephone network;
· video transmission to the mine dispatcher’s WKS from the video surveillance cameras.
In the course of the project implementation, an underground radio communication system (URCS) was constructed based on the Talnakh system equipment, Tait retransmitters, Zetron controllers and Entel radio sets. To create coverage zones in the mine openings and to organize data transmission channels, SLYWV-75-10 type emitting cable is used.
The listed equipment, which is the base of the installed system, uses the MPT1327 trunk radio system standard, and allows for the following functions to be realized:
- broadcast call transmission for general alerting;
- individual call transmission;
- group call transmission;
- priority calltransmission;
- emergency call transmission;
- incoming and outgoing call transmission from the PBX;
- call priority setup;
- calling party number presentation setup in radio sets;
- organization of operative “radio user to radio user” communication between workers staying under the ground;
- possibility of modular expansion of the number of channels;
- video image transmission in real-time mode from the ore handling site of gallery No. 7 to the dispatcher’s workstation.
The base station includes 3 voice channels and 1 dedicated control channel. The latter allows for making emergency calls regardless of whether the voice channels are busy. In case of failure of the control channel, its functions are switched to one of the voice channels automatically.
The number of underground radio users who can access the PBX is 60 persons. The mine dispatcher has a fixed radio station connected to the radio communication system by way of modem removal from the radio station panel board. This solution has made it possible to place the Talnakh system equipment in close proximity to the mine openings, while the dispatcher’s station is in 3 km from the mine. The mine dispatcher can monitor the ore handling process in the production site of gallery No. 7 in real-time mode. The underground emitting cable network is 19,200 m long.
The installed system provides coverage everywhere in the mine openings where the emitting cable is laid. The radio signal coverage is at least 20 m from the emitting cable.
The system functionally consists of three components:
- The basic equipment.
- The subscription equipment.
- The underground emitting cable network.
The basic equipment includes:
- ТВ7100 retransmitters;
- М827 trunking controllers with embedded telephone interfaces;
The basic controller consisting of:
- ОРБ-1 integrating and distributing block;
- КП-220/12-60 power carrier— 2 pcs;
- ОРБ-ВIII integrating and distributing block for video with III-M-1000 modem carrier.
The user equipment includes:
- Entel HT726T portable trunking radio stations of mining versions;
- Motorola GM660 fixed radio station with control panel removal system;
- 3S N1072 IP camera with temperature-proof housing.
The emitting cable network:
- SLYWV-75-10 type emitting coaxial cable;
- ЛУ-1А-75 line amplifiers;
- ЛБПД-1.ВIII line data transfer unit;
- БПШ-48 mine communication supply units.
The results of construction of the underground radio communication system are listed below:
- Each one of the 60 radio users in the network can call another user with the help of an individual three-figure number
- An emergency call can be made, in this case all the active talks are interrupted, and each of the users can hear the alarm initiator
- All the radio stations can access the local PBX, with the possibility of forwarding to outside parties
- Each user of the radio network can be accessed by the PBX users both in the mine premises and in the A&LQ
- Group calls are made in accordance with the staffing table (electricians, drivers, blasters, etc.)
- Video image transmission from the production site to the desktop intercom station, with possibility of increasing the number of monitored objects
So, the «Communications» company’s specialists have constructed the underground radio communication system (URCS) for the “Dukat” mine. This has made it possible to improve the efficiency of management during performance of the works due to minimization of the time of access to the current information. The underground radio communication system provides for industrial security and helps to coordinate the personnel’s actions, which results in relief of the consequences of possible emergency situations.